Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Miracle of Faith - book

The book, Miracle of Faith, now available for purchase from Amazon.com. Beginning later in the week, Barnes and Noble and Crossbooks.com will also be selling the book. Currently only soft and hard cover books are being sold. In a couple of weeks, the ebooks will be available for purchase. For those people who do not live in North America, CrossBooks (the publisher) distributes their books worldwide through Ingram Book Distribution. They will print the books in the UK. For ease of purchase, the ISBN number for the soft cover book is 978-1-4627-3158-9.

This book is a compilation of 53 Bible studies written over 18 months. Originally these Bible studies were posted on a blog site. Over the 18 months of the blog site, almost 30 countries had people read the blogs. Currently there are now 35 countries represented as regular readers of the Bible studies. Since the start of the book making process, another 32 Bible studies have been posted to the blog site.
Copied below are the Preface from the book and a review of it, as well.

Preface:

WHEN I BEGAN ON THIS leg of my journey with God , He was preparing my family and me to become missionaries. Part of the preparation was making us feel comfortable with moving to another

continent and another hemisphere. When hearing about the cultural differences from that in which I was accustomed, nervousness ensued, as would be the case for most people embarking on similar adventures. During this part of preparing, God brought a Bible verse to my attention during one of my quiet times. This verse comes from John 14:2 . This verse records Jesus telling His disciples about His imminent departure from earth. He said, “In My Father ’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you” [NASB]. For me, at that time, it showed me that anywhere on earth to which God calls me to work is just one of the rooms or dwelling places in His house. God had already gone before us to prepare a place for us, a home in a

neighborhood that would be friendly with a church family who are loving and accepting and with a people who have the same heart as us because they are our brothers and sisters in Christ . This was so reassuring. It is also the reason for my blog title, Thoughts from Another Home.

God began a new path for my journey with Him while in this new dwelling place. In 2011, He told me to start a blog site. I had no idea what He wanted me to put on it, but after 18 months, I definitely know some of the things He wanted to put on there. This book is a collection of some of the articles I have posted on my blog site over the last 18 months. As I wrote and posted them, people would call or send me emails, telling me just how much the articles helped them, how much they learned, and
the ease with which they could understand the articles. Many people began to ask me to put them in a book. I put them off for quite a while, but after more requests, I decided to get information regarding the process of publishing and to determine if these writings were worthy of publishing. My initial conversation with the publishing representative said he had prayed about it the night before and on the way to work that morning. After talking with me, he felt the book should be published, so we discussed the process with CrossBooks. From that point in time, I did research for about a week along with much praying and seeking of God’s will. Some of the articles in this book come from this seeking. The long and short of it is that this book was published.
 
My prayer is that you would learn from them just as I did when God taught them to me, draw inspiration from them, and be encouraged to step out on this bold journey with God. He is always calling you to follow Him. Are you willing to follow Him?
 
Review:
"Making the decision to become a disciple of Christ can be difficult, especially if you are not sure what exactly it entails. And if you have already professed your faith in Christ, you may still want to grow in your faith without knowing how to achieve this greater understanding. Though these are different starting points, the needs of these two positions are similar.
Gail Davis' Miracle of Faith offers Bible studies for everyone. You can grow closer to God so you can be one with the Father, as Jesus and the Father are one. Miracle of Faith seeks to help you become more like Him. Davis explores various topics of faith and hope, advocating loving God and loving others. She also considers miracles, righteousness, ways to be certain in Christ, and to know the voice of God.
Each lesson uses profound questions to help you consider the depth of your faith in Jesus Christ. These lessons may be used at your own pace and are suitable for both daily and more protracted study.
Whether you have been on the Christian journey three days, three years, or thirty years, God can speak to you through His Word. Let Miracle of Faith help you find the way to hear and understand God."

Please tell all your friends who are growing Christians as well as those who are seeking for the Lord. No marketing is being done. Word of mouth is the means of getting the news out. God used His teachings to me, to reach others through the blog site. The blog site has developed into a book published by demand of the blog readers. My obedience was to study with Him and make the Bible studies available to others through the blog and book. Now, we must let people know God is real, loves everyone and wants a daily relationship with us. This book is a way to show them the reality of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - the One true God - when used in conjunction with the Bible. Use this book as a resource for your witnessing. Use it for your personal growth. Use it to teach others about Jesus and how to grow more Christlike.

May the name of the Lord be declared from all the corners of the world until every knee bows and every tongue confesses that Jesus is Lord.

Grace and Peace,
Gail